Steeped In British Tradition
Fine Knits is a vertical manufacturer of specialized, fine gauge, light weight knitwear, knitted on our Heritage knitting machines.
Our unique facility, whose origin are in British thermals, evolved and adapted through the years to produce high end quality designer sportswear and loungewear as well as traditional delicate underwear and layering pieces.
Fine Knits has a long history of developing and manufacturing products for exclusive private label brands in England, Japan , the United States and Europe. We welcome the opportunity to work with companies searching for quality special products in our field of expertise.
Knitwear Product Overview
Our Heritage Tubular knitting Machines (Wildt Mellor Bromley RTR Machines are designed to produce:
- Seamless (Body Size) Garments with finished knitted hems and cuffs. Three main seamless body width size: S, M, L
- Fine Knits expertise also makes it possible to produce a broader size range for Men, Women and Children incorporating side seam construction
Knitted Patterns and Design Potential includes:
Fine Gauge, Light Weight: Pointelle Ribs, Striped Ribs, Solid Rib Knits, Waffle Knits and Mid Weight Jacquards.
- All Over Pointelles
- Vertical Pointelles
- Combination Pointelles (pointelle rib transfer knitting)
- Engineered Pointelles (placement pointelles)
Striped Ribs: (2 to 4 colours max) (striped garments need side seams)
- Feed Stripes
- Automatic Stripes (block stripes,variegated automatic)
- Engineered Stripes
- Tipping (narrow contrast stripe at knitted hems and/or cuffs
- 1x1 Rib, 2x2 Rib, 3x1 Rib, 5x1 Rib
- Fine gauge, Light Weight, as well as an exclusive sweater look - thicker heavier gauge in Merino Wool only
- 100% Combed Cotton Yarn Dyed and for Garment Dye
- 100% Organic Cotton Natural and for Garment Dye
- 100% Extrafine Merino Wool Yarn Dyed
- Merino Wool Blends Yarn Dyed
- Modal / Poly and Viscose / Poly for Garment Dye
- Modal / Poly Grey Melange
- Viscose / Poly Solid Black
- Customized Yarns Silk Blends, Linen Blends